1. March 31, 2021: FPIs poured a document ₹2.74 trillion ($37 billion) into Indian markets through the 12 months ended March 2021, beating the sooner highest influx of ₹1.4 trillion ($25.8 billion) reported for FY13, NSDL stated. Reveals information. The finance ministry says the sharp inflows in FY2011 had been attributable to a number of coverage initiatives and fast financial restoration.
2. April 6, 2021: The mixed market cap of the Gautam Adani group of firms is above the $100 billion mark. The mixed worth of the group’s six listed firms touches $107 trillion (Rs 7.84 trillion) as on April 6. Solely the Tata Group, HDFC Group and the Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Group have greater market capitalization on the group degree. On August 11, 2022, the mixed worth of the six firms with the just lately listed Adani Wilmar will attain Rs 17.93 trillion.
3. July 14, 2021: The primary Zomato IPO for Unicorns has been launched. It’s seen as a check case of whether or not home traders could be open to backing firms that aren’t making any revenue or are according to generally accepted benchmarks. The itemizing of Zomato paved the best way for the itemizing of a bunch of huge start-ups like Nykaa, PolicyBazaar and Paytm on the Indian inventory exchanges.
Learn additionally: India at 75:12 landmark for Indian markets between 2015 and 2020
4. Might 24, 2021: Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, it takes almost 46 months for India’s market capitalization to develop from $1 trillion to $3 trillion. With 73 per greenback of the rupee, the worth in rupee phrases is Rs 218.94 trillion.
5. September 16, 2021: The market cap of India is above $3.5 trillion. Nifty completes 10,000-mark climb from its Covid lows. Overseas capital begins to move into rising markets, together with India, which drives up shares throughout the board. A month later, India’s unparalleled investor base will attain 50 million, hinged on the increase within the inventory market, ease of account opening and shifts to distant working.
Learn additionally: 75:16 Occasions in India that impacted the Indian markets between 2003 and 2014
6. December 31, 2021: Indian firms have had a document yr for IPO fundraising. A complete of Rs 1.19 trillion was raised by 63 firms through the calendar yr, surpassing the 2017 mark of over Rs 67,000 crore. The mop-up is supported by a pointy rally within the secondary market and substantial international liquidity.
7. 2nd March 2022: India acquired its first lady securities regulator within the type of 56-year-old Madhabi Puri Buch, who was appointed because the chairperson of SEBI. Puri (pictured at prime) can also be the primary particular person from the non-public sector to steer the securities market watchdog.
8. March 11, 2022: India enters the top-5 membership in market cap as Russia’s assault on Ukraine has modified the pecking order. India’s market cap on today is greater than the UK’s $3.19 trillion, Saudi Arabia’s $3.18 trillion and Canada’s $3.18 trillion.
Learn additionally: India at 75:20 milestone for Indian markets between 1995 and 2002
9. Might 4, 2022: LIC launches India’s largest IPO with subject measurement of Rs 20,557 crore, surpasses Coal India. The IPO needed to be shortened attributable to difficult market situations.
The problem garnered a document 6.1 million retail functions, however the itemizing is weak. The inventory closed at Rs 875.45 on the primary day (Might 17), which is decrease than the IPO value of Rs 949. It’s going to fall to Rs 680 on August 8.
Contributed by Sami Modak, Krishan Kant, Ram Prasad Sahu and Sundar Sethuraman