Final Replace: 11 August 2022, 07:39 IST
Raksha Bandhan 2022: Each competition in India has its personal cultural historical past and significance. The identical competition could be celebrated throughout the nation with totally different customs. Raksha Bandhan isn’t any exception. The importance of the competition is principally to strengthen and have fun the brother-sister bond. In most components of the nation, the competition is marked by a sister tying a rakhi on her brother’s wrist. Nevertheless, the competition has totally different colours in different components of the nation.
components of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra
Raksha Bandhan will not be often celebrated in lots of components of South India. Rakhi Purnima is marked as Avani Avittam in some components of southern India. The competition is for the male family members. Individuals have fun the competition by taking a dip in water on the total moon evening within the month of Sawan. By performing this ritual, they atone for all their previous sins. After the ritual, a sacred thread or janeu is tied all around the physique.
Learn additionally: Blissful Raksha Bandhan 2022: Rakhi Needs, Messages, Photographs, Images, Quotes and WhatsApp Greetings to share in English and Hindi
The brand new thread has been changed by the outdated thread. Whereas tying the brand new thread, they promise to do good deeds within the coming yr. Students begin the recitation of Yajurveda on today, which lasts for the following 6 months. In Tamil Nadu, the fourth day of the Pongal competition is named Kanum or Kanu Pongal. On today girls carry out rituals known as Kanu Pidi within the identify of their brothers.
There are a number of areas that additionally mark different festivals on the day of Raksha Bandhan:
- In Karnataka folks tie Rakhi on Nag Panchami.
- In Telugu talking states (particularly Telangana), Rakhi is marked as Rakhi Purnima. In lots of households, they’ve a practice that asks daughters to tie rakhi to their father.
- Raksha Bandhan is well known as Narali Purnima in Maharashtra and different coastal areas. The ocean is worshiped on today and the fishermen throw coconuts into the ocean as prasad.
- Madhya Pradesh and Bihar mark the start of the agricultural season and have fun Kajari Purnima.
- West Bengal marks Jhulan Purnima, which is devoted to Lord Krishna and Radha.
Jandham Purnima celebrated in Uttarakhand.
- Cow and buffalo are worshiped in Odisha on today which is named Gamha Purnima.
- In some components of Gujarat, Pavitropana is marked by worshiping Lord Shiva.
learn the breaking information And in the present day’s recent information Right here