As I simply posted concerning the MediaTek Filogic 830/630 WiFi 6/6E chip, I used to be knowledgeable that Amlogic could have its personal WiFi chip because the “W1” module is proven within the SDK’s supply code. It seems that there’s a minimum of one TV field with the Amlogic W1 802.11b/g/n/ac module/chip?, ie The X96 Mini+, additionally comes with an Amlogic S905W4 quad-core Cortex-A53 processor which we’ve by no means coated on CNX Software program.
Along with the brand new processor and Wi-Fi module, the X96 Mini Plus is your typical entry-level 4K TV field with 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, HDMI 2.0 video output, composite video output, Ethernet, and some USB ports.
X96 Mini Plus Specs:
- SoC – Amlogic S905W4 with quad-core Arm Cortex A53 @ 1.2GHz penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750MHz
- System Reminiscence – 1 or 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB or 16GB eMMC Flash, microSD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a as much as 4Kp60, AV Port with Composite Video (NTSC/PAL)
- Audio – Optical S/PDIF, Analog Stereo Audio through AV Port, Digital Audio through HDMI Port
- video decoding
- VP9 Profile-2 as much as 4Kx2K @ 30fps
- H.265 HEVC MP-10 @ L5.1 As much as 4Kx2K @ 30fps
- H.264 AVC as much as HP @ L5.1 4Kx2K @ 30fps
- H.264 MVC 1080p60 . till
- MPEG-4 ASP @ L5 as much as 1080p60
- WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP as much as 1080p60, RealVideo 8/9/10 as much as 1080p60
- AVS-P16(AVS+) /AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile as much as 1080p60
- MPEG1 MP/HL and MPEG2 MP/HL 1080p60 . till
- 10/100M Ethernet
- Amlogic W1 . through dual-band 802.11n/g/n/ac WiFi 5
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 Ports
- Energy Provide – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 105 x 105 x 20 mm
The TV field comes with an HDMI cable, an IR distant management, an influence adapter, and a consumer handbook by default. Amlogic S905W4 helps Android 9.0 OS with OTA firmware improve. It does not have any of the brand new options introduced by the Amlogic S905X4 just like the AV1 and Android 11, which can also be supported within the Amlogic S905W2 (which we missed). Which means that the Amlogic S905W4 seems to be a cost-down model of the Amlogic S905W with 4Kp30 video playback and the identical vary because the older Mali-450 GPU, however a decrease CPU frequency (typically incorrectly) of 1.2 GHz as a substitute of 1.5 GHz. Marketed as 2.0 GHz) )
It is unclear whether or not the Amlogic W1 is only a module, or perhaps a chip designed by Amlogic, nevertheless it seems to be restricted to WiFi, which suggests there is not any Bluetooth [Update: maybe there’s is. See W155S1 section below], The outline on Banggood says that the WiFi 5 module helps 20 and 40 MHz bandwidths, however we do not have an excessive amount of data in the intervening time. All I do know is that we should always anticipate Amlogic W1 WiFi options in increasingly Amlogic primarily based designs. Hopefully, they’ve finished a greater job than the Allwinner XR819 WiFi chip, which triggered lots of headache to early customers just a few years again.
The X96 Mini+ is offered in two configurations with the 1GB/8GB mannequin for $36.99 and the 2GB/16GB variant for $43.99 at Banggood.
Amlogic W155S1 Chip in Xiaomi TV Stick
This part is an replace after I used to be knowledgeable (see feedback part) that the Xiaomi Mi TV consists of Amlogic W155S1 WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 5.2 chip.
Amlogic W155S1 Specs:
- Low-Energy RISC-V Processor
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac protocol, 1T1R, 2.4GHz/5GHz twin frequency, VHT 20M/40M/80M excessive bandwidth, PHY price as much as 433Mbps
- Helps Bluetooth 5.2, Basic BR/EDR audio and BLE dual-mode, multi-device connection, LE lengthy vary
- Host Interface – WiFi: SDIO 3.0; Bluetooth: UART and PCM
- Built-in PMU/LNA/PA/TR swap with low energy consumption, lengthy vary, excessive bandwidth
- Manufacturing Course of – 22nm
- Certification – Wi-Fi Alliance’s Wi-Fi 5 Certification and Bluetooth Expertise Alliance’s BQB Bluetooth 5.2 Certification
It isn’t 100% sure that the W1 and W155S1 are the principle ones, nevertheless it appears doubtless.
Jean-Luc began CNX Software program in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, earlier than leaving his job as a software program engineering supervisor, and started writing every day information, and later reviewing full-time in 2011.